Cristiano Ronaldo: Man Utd move possible, says Van Gaal

 Cristiano Ronaldo: Man Utd move possible, says Van Gaal

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal would like to sign Cristiano Ronaldo but does not expect Real Madrid to sell.
The 29-year-old has been linked with a return to Old Trafford, having left in 2009 for a then-world record £80m fee.
Asked about re-signing the Portugal international forward, Van Gaal said: "It is possible.
"Players like Ronaldo give a lot of extra to a team, but I don't think Real Madrid shall sell him."
Ronaldo, the world footballer of the year, helped Real Madrid become champions of Europe for the 10th time last May.
Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon claimed Ronaldo was "fed up" at the club's decision to sell a number of their top players, including Angel Di Maria's £59.7m departure to United.
The forward won eight major trophies in six years at Old Trafford under then-manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Asked whether he could bring Ronaldo back to United, Van Gaal said: "Yes, but it's always a discussion in the papers, and I don't think the media shall buy Ronaldo."
Ronaldo hinted last month he would be interested in returning to Old Trafford, telling MUTV: "I love Manchester and you never know in football.
"Of course I'm happy at Real Madrid; it's my home, it's my club, but United treated me unbelievably, so you never know.
"I am still in contact with some people there because I had a good relationship with everybody - it was like my second family."

Post a Comment

0 Comments