Yaya Toure: Man City midfielder disappointed by birthday row

Yaya Toure: Man City midfielder disappointed by birthday row

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure says he was disappointed with the speculation that surrounded his future at the club during the summer.
In May, Toure supported claims from his agent that City "disrespected" him on his 31st birthday, having previously dismissed Dimitri Seluk's comments.
But, speaking to Football Focus, he said: "My agent made a little joke about it and people took it seriously.
"I was quite surprised about the way people and the media reacted to that."
As City travelled to the United Arab Emirates to celebrate winning the Premier League, the club presented Toure with a cake on his 13 May birthday and tweeted congratulations.

Criticism of Yaya Toure unfair - Manuel Pellegrini
But, speaking at the time, Toure's agent Seluk, said: "None of them shook his hand on his birthday. It's really sick."
Toure initially distanced himself from Seluk's comments, but then took to Twitter to say: "Everything Dimitri said is true. He speaks for me. I will explain after the World Cup."
Now, the former Barcelona man has moved to clarify the controversy, saying: "Over the summer there was a lot of speculation about birthday cakes and rubbish like that. It was disappointing for me.
"I've been in Manchester for four years now and I have never demanded a birthday cake."
Ivorian Toure, who has won two Premier Leagues, the FA Cup and the League Cup since moving to City from the Nou Camp for £24m in 2010, also stated that his new desire is to win the Champions League.
"I know the fans love me; they are always good to me," he said. "My target now is the Champions League. I want to win it for them."

Post a Comment

0 Comments