An Australian competitor who has contended in six Paralympic Games has been burglarized at gunpoint in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro.


Liesl Tesch said a man displaying a weapon pushed her off her bike and stole it on Sunday.

Australian Paralympic group physiotherapist Sarah Ross additionally lost her bike in the assault.

Tesch, who has won decorations in wheelchair b-ball and cruising, said competitors should have been alert.

The 47-year-old said the two men who looted her and Ms Ross at first requested money.He was indicating the weapon down, and he said 'dinero', which implies cash, I talk some Spanish, yet I lifted up my shirt and I said 'no I don't have any'," Tesch told Australia's Seven Network.

"At that point he just pushed me on the shoulder with his uncovered hand and I simply tumbled down on the cobblestones."

Post a Comment

0 Comments