Rafael Nadal to make return from injury in China Open next week


Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal to make return from injury in China Open next week

Rafael Nadal will make his return to action in next week's China Open after recovering from the wrist injury that has sidelined him since Wimbledon.
The Spanish 14-time Grand Slam champion injured his right wrist while practising in Mallorca in late July and was forced to miss the US Open.
Seeded second, he will face France's Richard Gasquet in the first round.
Play media
Australia's Nick Kyrgios
Nick Kyrgios's match-winning moment against Rafael Nadal
"I feel much better, I am in good shape. I am trying to forget the wrist," said 28-year-old Nadal.
"Every time when I come back after an injury I have an extra motivation."
Nadal's last competitive match was a fourth-round defeat by Australian Nick Kyrgios at Wimbledon.
Although the wrist is not 100% healed, he said "the injury is not limiting" his ability to compete.
He added: "I just feel the wrist a little bit when I am starting, when I start to play every day, but then it disappears."
World number one Novak Djokovic is top seed in Beijing where Britain's Andy Murray will also compete.
The tournament begins on Monday

Post a Comment

0 Comments