Johnny Depp responds to accusations he was verbally abusive to 'Blow' co-star Lola Glaudini


 

A rep for Depp said the actor 'always prioritizes good working relationships' after Glaudini alleged that he berated her on the set of the 2001 crime thriller


In a recently resurfaced clip from a January episode of the "Powerful Truth Angels" podcast, Glaudini, 52, recalled an incident in which Depp, 60, allegedly berated her in front of the cast and crew for laughing while they were filming a scene. 


Glaudini claimed that Depp launched into an expletive-filled tirade after "Blow" director Ted Demme gave her a cue to "burst out laughing" during one of Depp's monologues. The actress recalled that she was wearing a bikini and sitting on the floor while in the background of the scene.


"I hear the cue, and I go, 'Haha!', and I do a big laugh or whatever," she said. "Johnny Depp, when they say 'Cut,' walks over to me, comes up to me, sticks his finger in my face and I'm in a bikini on the floor like this and he goes, ‘Who the f--- do you think you are? Who the f--- do you think you are? Shut the f--- up! I’m out here, and I’m trying to f---ing say my lines, and you’re f---ing pulling focus, you f---ing idiot."



Glaudini claimed that Depp went on to say, "Oh, now, oh now it’s not so funny? Now you can shut up? Now you can f---ing shut the f--- up? The quiet that you are right now, that’s how you f---ing stay.’"


In a statement to Fox News Digital on Wednesday, a rep for Depp said, "Johnny always prioritizes good working relationships with cast and crew and this recounting differs greatly from the recollection of other members on set at the time."



During her podcast appearance, Glaudini claimed that the incident happened on the first day on set. "I had never met him before," she said of Depp. "It was my first studio movie, I had just done indies until then. And the star who I have idolized, who I am so excited to work with, reamed me in my face. The only thing going through my head was, ‘Don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry.'"

Post a Comment

0 Comments