World number one Novak Djokovic has pulled back from one week from now's China Open in Beijing in view of an elbow damage.


The Serb, a six-time champion in Beijing, last played in the US Open last on 12 September, when he was beaten by Stan Wawrinka.

Djokovic is next planned to play at the Shanghai Masters from 10 October.

"I am greatly frustrated not to have the capacity to contend at the China Open this year," said the Australian and French Open champion.

"Despite everything i'm recuperating from my elbow damage and have been prompted not to play until my condition makes strides.

"I will proceed with my restoration and want to have the capacity to come back to the ATP Tour as quickly as time permits."

Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal and Angelique Kerber are among those planned to highlight in the joined ATP/WTA occasion in Beijing.

Post a Comment

0 Comments