Wayne Rooney needs England to take in lessons from Las Vegas trip

Skipper Wayne Rooney needs his England colleagues to gain from his error preceding Euro 2012, when he went on a family occasion to Las Vegas.

Britain have fit the bill for Euro 2016 and Rooney trusts players would profit by staying at home before the competition in France begins next June.

The 29-year-old, who was suspended for the initial two diversions of Euro 2012, said: "I went on vacation, which I lament."

"I thought it was no issue and now I know I shouldn't have done it."

The Manchester United forward equalled Sir Bobby Charlton's England record of 49 objectives by scoring in Saturday's 6-0 qualifying win over San Marino.

Also, he says he will address England supervisor Roy Hodgson to guarantee the timing of preparing camps is just before his 6th real titles.

"Flying in this way, it takes a while to get over the plane slack. Perhaps not having a long break between the season completing is most likely the best thing," said Rooney.

"The senior chaps will take a seat with the director and the staff sorting out the competition to work out what we can improve.

"I'll positively get my part right this time."

Post a Comment

0 Comments