Buhari, Mahama Agree To Strengthen Bilateral Relations And Improve Regional Security

President Muhammadu Buhari and his Ghanaian partner on Monday consented to reinforce respective relations and enhance provincial security. The two Presidents entered the understandings amid in a shut entryway meeting after which the press was informed on issues talked about.

Top on the rundown was the transformation of the military and on the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) bio-metric card, which would make exchanging in the middle of Ghana and Nigeria much less demanding.

President Buhari gave the affirmation that he will make his bureau amid a joint question and answer session with President John Dramani Mahama of Ghana.

"After I was confirmed, I said I will have my bureau in September. I expect that Nigerians ought to solicit me doubts after the 30th from September in the event that I don't do as such," President Buhari said.

The President arrived Ghana at roughly 10am at the Kotoka International Airport where he investigated a Guard of Honor.

Noteworthy Progress

President Buhari additionally told journalists that the Nigerian military, in close cooperation with the Multi-National Joint Task Force, has recorded noteworthy advancement in the battle against Boko Haram.

"The principal thing I did after I came into office was to rearrange the military and clear requests were given to them regarding retraining, re-preparing and redeployment of troops.

"In the upper east, the military is making strides and Boko Haram has been restricted to the Sambisa timberland.

"Inside Displaced Persons are bit by bit moving back home and they are being reintegrated into their separate groups," President Buhari said.

Post a Comment

0 Comments